Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Injuries

I can't believe that I'm having to take antibiotics to treat the carpet burn on my foot from the holibob! "WHAT?" I hear you cry... what on earth can you have been up to on a ski holibob to get carpet burn?

It's a bit of a crazy story and it involves no hanky panky of the squelchy variety so anyone looking for smut can tune out now.

Two of the guys who were with us are brothers and a bit on the mad side (to say the least) and had gone out and bought some bangers (of the firework kind) which they thought it would be fun to throw off the balcony from their rooms onto the balconies of other guests (also in our party) shouting "ACHTUNG!!!!" for a bit of a laugh!

And one evening while lazing in their room drinking Desperado's and eating cheese and biscuits one of the said brothers decided to go onto the balcony for a ciggy (as smoking was not allowed in the rooms). The other bro decided it would be a bit of a jape if he put a lit banger out through the window onto the balcony to surprise his sibling.... unfortunately the sibling knew him ooh too well and no sooner than it was put through the window than it was back in the room!
With this I dived from the bed I was lying on doing a Bodie & Doyle stylee emergency roll onto the floor away from the banger which let off an almighty kaboom and blew up emitting smoke and bits of flying debris. A lot of squealing and laughing then followed with Gimp (made up name) leaping onto the bed with a pillow to put over the fire alarm so as not to set off the sprinklers and have us all evicted on our 2nd night!

I obviously suffered the injury in my ski and walking boots so as not to upset my skiing/partying/general holibob making, but since I returned my foot has started to swell and the injury has got angry.... hence the antibiotics!

Honest Injun!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe eeks! i'm on antibiotic too for an infected blister though, not as interesting :( Amy xx xx

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah .... we believe you! NOT!!!!

lol

Moose said...

Hi Lyndyloo,
Seems you have something of a credibility problem re your burns. If I were you I'd make up an ourageous and raunchy story involving Dangermouse Dave, and remember that truth can be stranger than fiction!!!

Anonymous said...

BTW Thank yo so much for stopping by my site and commenting!

lyndyloo said...

Moose!

I can't believe that you would doubt my integrity or indeed suggest that I make up some malicious lie about myself and a 65 year old who's daughter is my friend! I warned that there was no smutty content and if I was to have to make up some spurious rumour it would have to be about the dishy Mountain Rescue man Phillipe and his powerful walkie talkie! :)

Paul Clark said...

I told you that skiing lark was dangerous!!!

Give me a knotted hankie and a deckchair for my holidays.

; )

Dogwithnobrain said...

Ha ha ha ha. Carpet Burn......

yeah, well they might all doubt the reliability of your story, but I can see it all in my minds eye. Especially impressed by Bodie and Doyle Style roll across the room.
I'm just surprised someone had the presence of mind to cover the Fire Alarm in that way.

Why did you not have the Shower Cap over it anyways?

DWNB

(ha ha ha - Been there, done it)

lyndyloo said...

DWNB- It was all pretty impressive (me thinks the boys may have done this kind of stunt before)... I'm liking the shower cap idea... very sneaky :)

Paul- You need to take a few risks in life, hankies are for the old and sneezy :)