Monday, January 29, 2007

Back in the UK!


Well my holibob is over and it was great! Have met some fab people, skied in some glorious weather and had a thoroughly good time. The photie on the left is of Martin, Me and Dangermouse Dave (who is 65 on his 2nd ski holiday and by the end of the week was skiing blacks off the top of the Grande Motte with us!). What a great outlook on life, it's true you're never too old to start something new or have fun! Of course there's loads to tell and lots of photos that were taken but suffice to say that a good time was had by all and it was a long way home on a coach that left at 5.45am for an 11am flight from Geneva especially when you and your new friends have decided not to go back to the chalet for dinner but instead to spend horrific amounts of euros on pink champagne shellfish and wonderful stuff in general till 2am in the morning!


I'd like to say thanks to my new found friends for helping make this one of the best ski holidays I've had for some time and a huge thanks to the ex lodger for looking after the bears so well. They were so happy to see me... that's why dogs are so great... they never sulk when you come home, no matter how long it's been.

5 comments:

Paul Clark said...

Sounds like it was a good trip. I have never been skiing - I'm far too clumsy for anything like that. I trip over my own feet walking to the shops!!

lyndyloo said...

It was a great trip and I'm sure you're not that bad. If a 65 year old can get the hang of it then it can't be that difficult!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic holiday! It looks so beautiful! Hope you're going to post more photos and share some more of the shenanigans! Like Paul I feel too clumsy to ski ... I was aching after sledging so I'd be a wreck skiing! The mountains look amazing!

Anonymous said...

hi hon

good to have you back...you missed the snow here - we had to get our tin trays out!

See you about the place soon I expect xx
love
hazel
x

lyndyloo said...

Hi Hazel

The bears were very excited about the snow while I was away, Grandma & Grandad looked after them the day of the snowfall and said they enjoyed having a romp about in the white stuff. Seems they are much like their mum!

Catch you on the CE blog soon

Lyndyloo
-x-x-x-