Monday, February 19, 2007

Thoughtful

Do you sometimes have weekends when you get the chance to think about your life and wonder how you could change/improve/adapt it somehow? Well I just had a bit of a weekend like that. I went to see my boys win 3-0 on Saturday which was great and then had to go pick up Curly who had been watching from a corporate box. When I got there there was a guy in the box who I recognised as someone I knew from years ago who was a friend of a friend. Anyway I phoned said friend the next day to say that I'd seen his mate at the footy and made comment about the fact that he'd lost an awful lot of weight and how well he was looking. Turns out the guy had lymphoma cancer 4 years ago, had to have massive chemotherapy, went off the rails, spent huge amounts of dosh etc thinking he was on his way out and then got the all clear.He now has diabetis as a result of the drugs he has to take. As you can imagine that kinda stopped me in my tracks a bit. There was me thinking "hasn't he done well to lose all that weight" and it wasn't like that at all. It sort of puts things into perspective a little. I mean we'd all like to lose a few pounds but that wouldn't be our preferred method for weight loss.

So that got me thinking about changes I'd like to make for myself without them being forced on me. I'd like to lose a few pounds so I've decided to cut out all the wheat products that I know are not suited to me and take a little more exercise. I'd like to have a bit more order in my house so I've decided to buy a wall unit or shelves to put my books and dvds on so they're not just piled up making me mad. I'd like to meet more single men so I've decided that me and Mimi should go out somewhere new every 2 weeks so that we have to mix with new people. They're little things but at least they're things I can do for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is short, really, isn't it! Seize the moment!

How are the diet changes and exercise plans going?

Ming the Merciless said...

Is that you, Celine Dion?

I love your music.

:-)