Sunday, February 25, 2007

Morning after the night before....

I had to go and meet H the next day to return his credit cards and room key (though I think that was a bit late). He did manage to get into his room and looked surprisingly good the next day (unlike me I might add). He said his dinner suit was white with bear hair and he’d given up trying to shake it off, put it in a plastic bag and thought it best to just drop it off at the dry cleaners. He bought me a coffee at a place I know en route home and we had a giggle about the night before. He apologised for anything he might have said or done but was relieved that I didn’t think he had much to be bothered about. He loves my bears and it turns out he has a black Labrador called Poppy himself so he’s gone way up in my estimation. I think he might have given me a few “in roads” in our conversation that morning saying things like …
“I loved your house by the way, the rooms up in the roof space were lovely” which could have been a way for me to invite him back? And then when talking about our dogs (as we did for ages) he said
“It’s the total unconditional love you get from a dog isn’t it? I mean I’d like to think I’ll find a wife that is the same one day” to which I answered…
“Never gonna happen is it?”
“Well I can live in hope” … and I still didn’t pick up on any comeback from me… Oooh I hate hangovers!
Well we have a presentation coming up in March and he suggested that he’d get some of his other investors to come up to Leicester and we should all go out for a few drinks and a curry afterwards and write off the next day staying in the hotel where the presentation is. So I’ve booked a room! Also I’m organising a ski trip for my best mate and business partner Curly in April which he said he would like to take a look at the details for as it might be something he’s up for. All in all I think we get on ok, though I must admit I think he might be looking for a younger, slimmer model than myself. We’ll have to wait and see. Any helpful insights are more than welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lyndyloo, if you're lucky, you're gonna end up with the 'policeman' or 'London bus' situation...beware of making overly complicated decisions though...

GO WITH THE FIRST ANSWER MY FRIEND, and ye shalle winneth even the most Trivialle of Pursuits...

Our friend (M) has a dog. I love M. M is my 'if only'. He finds this a little worrying, but I'd never go anywhere with it, and he's become the boy's second bestest friend! Men who have dogs tend to be good men.

FIN

lyndyloo said...

Hazel love- can you remind me what my first decision was?

Anonymous said...

Lyndyloo - sounds to me like your in a good place at the moment. Doors were opened and it's up to you whether you want to peak in or step right through. I think you'll make that decision in March. Sounds to me like he was keen but not pushy and he's leaving it to you to make up your mind. I think he's giving you an out (should you want it) by bringing others along but at the same time giving signals he's interested in you.

EG

lyndyloo said...

EG- Thanks for that. I feel good about the whole thing and March is near enough for me to be cool with. I had an email from H today addressed to me and copied in on 2 other partners to say thank you for his invite and what a nice time he'd had despite the "fatigue" he felt the next morning. Me thinks March's meeting will tell all.

kaylen said...

men who have dogs are nice men...maybe not so much–even nixon had a dog.