Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Missed stuff

Last night after I'd been out for dinner with one of my new ski buddies in London to a place called Soho Spice (really nice food!) I decided that I might be pushing it to get back to my friend (P's) place to pick up my bags and then back to Euston by means of the tube so opted for a taxi. I gave my buddie a kiss goodnight and hopped in the cab and asked Mr Cabbie to take me to Upper Woburn Walk and then my phone rang. It was one of Curlys mates who wanted to talk to me about his 50th birthday party ski trip in April. After about 5 minutes the cabbie asked me if he should turn right or left... which is when I realised I had no idea where we were, in fact we were somewhere near Chelsea.... Nowhere near Euston or my friends house where all my bags were AGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! "Woburn Place!! Near Tavistock Square, Hilton Euston!!!" I declared.
The cabbie, (red faced and apologetic) turned on his wheel and drove like the wind with me on the phone to P to ask her to bring my bags out to the road for as we passed. As we approached Tavistock Square I phoned P to tell her we were approaching, we rounded the corner of the square just as P dashed down Woburn Walk and threw my bags into the cab as we were passing at some miles per hour, we screamed into Euston and as I opened the door of the cab the cabbie was out of the drivers seat unloading the bags, I threw the driver a tenner (more than was deserved) ran up the escalator and just made my train... Good job really as it was the last train home!!!!

I threw myself down into my seat and asked for a large glass on vin rouge then had to keep myself awake so as not to miss my stop. There was quite a nice looking guy a couple of seats in front of me but for some reason I couldn't quite pick up the courage to move and say hi... sometimes my shyness is a bit debilitating (if that's the right word.. or indeed a word at all) so I had to make do with making jokes with the stewards.

My bears were very happy to see me home when I finally arrived at nearly midnight. One final glass of vino to round off the night then on with the heating (how cold is it?!!) and to bed!

How many things have you all nearly missed lately?

Talk soon peeps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo ... what an adventure! What kind of train were you on that you got vino at that time of night!? Lyndyloo .... shame on you ... you should have taken the seat next to the nice man! I'm going to have to give you a few lessons, methinks!

Or, perhaps you're still subconciously holding out for Nic!?

Love your posts!

Huggles!

lyndyloo said...

I was on a virgin pendelino train in 1st class.... very posh indeed! I could get used to all this posh travel but somehow I don't think the budget will stretch to it unless I book 3 weeks in advance (as I did this one). It's very nice when they bring you complimentary food and drinks and newspapers...