Monday, December 01, 2008

A year on Wednesday

You've probably noticed that I've had a quiet year on my blog. And on Wednesday it will be a whole year ago since I lost my Dad. For those who didn't know he went peacefully in his sleep after celebrating my 40th birthday at an early party and after a battle with lung cancer and all the related problems that went with it. He was a wonderful man with many talents including being a brilliant drummer, a ballroom dance teacher, one of the funniest most outspoken men to ever walk the earth and a Dad/Husband/Grandad just the same as any other but he was my Dad and I still miss him every day. My 40th birthday party was a year ago today. It was a fabulous do with an Abba tribute band and everyone dressed up having a good time. A year on and all I can think of is that's the last time he got dressed up in his shirt & tie (he wore one pretty much every day of his adult life) and was determined to be there for me.

I'm going to get my Mum through it on Wednesday and then take her to stay with my Brother on Thursday. I'll be getting on a plane for NYC on Friday to celebrate this years birthday in a different country so it couldn't be more different. Until then I just want to raise a glass to my Dad Cyril. I love you.
Luv
Me
-x-x-

No comments: