Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthdays in NYC

So a bit more about life over in the big apple....

After my birthday night out we had a day where we found a little NY diner for breakfast followed by shopping around Bryant Park and Bloomingdales before heading out to Smith & Wollenskys which has a rep for being great steak and seafood, though we had a late sitting, a bit of a pain of a waiter and I couldn't eat all my steak (as they were trying to rush us out of there so they could shut up) so I asked him if I could take what was left of my steak home... it was very nicely wrapped in a plastic container, cut up and then put with napkins and plastic cutlery into a very posh carry out bag. I thanked him with a big fake NYC grin and then on leaving the restaurant I kindly left the bag on the street outside so that any passing homeless person could get some good food!!!

That night we got a town car to the W hotel bar on Lexington called "Whiskey Blue" which is one of my favourite bars. After finding out that there had been a party there for cardio surgeons (who invited us to an after party) I decided that I needed to talk to a very nice man who turned out to be an ex-pro American footballer called Charles. He was a real sweetie and suggested that maybe I'd like to go and see him the next night at another bar that he would be at? The next night me & Sara did that very thing and he asked if there was any chance he could take me on a date on my final night in the city (which was fab as Sara was leaving the next day)... It was lovely :)))

I bought myself a new case on the final day to bring all my presents home in.... and yes I had my date and no I'm not telling... but I had a message from him on my mobile phone by the time I got off the plane and I've had emails from him since... awwww!

I can highly reccommend NYC to anyone that fancies a trip accross the pond xxx

No comments: