Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NYC

oooh what a great time I had in the big apple!!! I thought that after last year I might have struggled with the 1st anniversary.

Let me tell you about the trip. I woke on my birthday to find a load of cards and presents and after the fab meal that Small Person made for us to share before I came away to spend some time back in my favourite city. I met up with Sara and Mimi & Alan at the airport and after checking in we had a breakfast and went in to go over the pond.

We arrived in NYC at the Millenium Hilton after a bit of a misunderstanding with the stretch limo thnat Mimi had organised for me (it was fab by the way) and even though the man with the card wasn't sweeping me off my feet as I came in from arrivals he did fianlly took us from where we turned up down the hall.... down some elevator... along a corridor... out over the road.... across the car-park... to the car. The limo was fab... there will be some photos of us inside on FB.

Off to the hotel to check in! I have a fab jr. suite with views over the statue of liberty and the WTC site. I knew it might be a little loud but it was worth it. I had a bottle of champagne sent up from the check in staff for my birthday. I suppose I should be grateful really... and who cares I have a booking for Gramercy Tavern and it was the best food I ever ate the last time I was here with Mimi.

And it was the best food ever! Again! What a fab place!!! I loved my birthday evening and I had the best company I could have asked for!!!I can highly reccommend the Gramercy Tavern to anyone who might want somewhere to enjoy the best food of their life and especially with such wonderful friends.

This is blog one of a few... I need to add photos... bear with me I still have jet lag xxx

No comments: