Thursday, May 10, 2007

The meeting with my hero!

Last night I got to meet my Leicester City Hero "Stevie Walsh". He was my idol when he played for my football team and I suspect one of the resons I kept going back week after week was to watch his beautiful legs in action. Well last night we invited him to join our table at a "Tribute to Dickie Bird" night. He is, as I expected, quite lovely and was happy to tell me all about his new business venture back here in Leicestershire and how he still has contacts over in Spain that he was happy to introduce me to. Our table was also graced with the company of ex Leicester Tigers & ENgland rugby player Tim Stimpson who is truly a gentleman of the first order. He sat next to me and was wonderful company with a repetiore of tales to tell that I'm sure we only scratched the surface of. I decided that in such company it was probably best if I took my car so that I would have the perfect excuse not to drink... (for anyone that may not have read my blog before, I have been known to make a bit of a fool of myself with the aid of alcohol). It meant that I got to see one of these corporate do's without the wine goggles on... most unusual I can tell you. Anyhow, I'm a happy bunny today as I've now got a picture with my hero and can say that we're on first name terms....
I love my job!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my darling, he looks GAWJUS!

Ooooooh yes!

Completely understand your infatuation/lurve thang...oh yes!

Sounds like you had a totally top night quite apart from meeting him...and why on earth only look at his legs! Get a grip woman!

More like this one please, and I may just have to try to get interested in rugby (is it?) or something...my mother will be pleased!

lyndyloo said...

HL- You're right he is indeed and I've been looking at a lot more than just the legs since my introduction to football (yes he was a footballer) and indeed to rugby (other sports played by fit men are available).