Sunday, May 06, 2007

The end of the season


Another football season came to an end today, at least for Leicester City. And I, for one am not unhappy to see the back of it. As a football supporter you have to learn to take the rough with the smooth, the good times along with the bad, but this has been a very bad season. We've not played well, we've only won 6 games at home all season but we've managed to avoid relegation and we've been bought by Milan Mandaric in March this year. It's been a very strange time as a Leicester fan. I truly believe that we had a squad of players who, on their day could play against the divisions top clubs and give them a run for their money and yet week after week we underperformed and underacheived. Now we have the summer to enjoy the break from all things footy related and concentrate on the Tigers getting to 3 finals. And then it'll be time to get behind the cricketers. Maybe next season Milan will manage to find us something to be proud of again, a team who can win more games at homeand away, a manager that can inspire players to score goals and play with passion and pride. Anything will be better than what I just witnessed this afternoon...
Now come on you Baggies, make sure you make the play off finals!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, please allow me to offer my commiserations, even though I don't really have any idea about what you are talking...will try to do better...

Previously...sounds as though you had an absolute blast at Curly's 50th. I hope you did get sent some photies in the end...and those were extremely flattering, and not of you fallen flat on your b-hind, clutching a pint of fyzz...

I don't know what the 'Tigers' is/are either...answers on a postcard please...

love
hazel
x

lyndyloo said...

Hi Hazel. Thanks for taking the time to read (if not fully understand) and comiserate with me. I'll be sure to post any photos as soon as I get them and in the meantime it's suffice to say that Tigers are really gorgeous!

Luv
Lyndyloo
-x-x-x-