Tuesday, May 22, 2007

2 out of 3 aint bad!

Our trip to Twickenham was spoiled only by the result! What a shame for the boys to not make it the full 3 out of 3 and were somewhat deflated by it all. We, however had a great day out. We boarded our coach at 9.30am and opened the pink champagne to start our morning. It was a beautiful day and I had my new present (signed shirt as shown below) on and my big bro with me so life was looking pretty good. The journey was fine and after learning some extra verses of songs I thought I once knew we devoured our picnic of smoked salmon, roast chicken, danish pastries and more alcohol than was strictly necessary for a morning session. Once we had arrived we met up with more friends who also had an abundance of wine and jollity to add to our party and so the fun continued.... until the game. Enough said. Sorry boys it would have been the very best way to end a magnificent season for Pat Howard but it wasn't to be.

The journey home was still a good laugh after we'd helped some wayward referees who'd parked next to us devour their picnic and help them with their spare bottles of Peroni (other italian beers are of course available). And strange as it seems when I went to pick my car up the next morning I found several flags, a programme and two bottles of champagne that I don't remember aquiring in the back seats... What a fab day!

3 comments:

S said...

Sounds like a realy fun day out!

Anonymous said...

Always good to find 'leftovers' like that!

...and would that be a 'Tigers' shirt??

Anonymous said...

Under control, there is really some admissible points on here some of my readers commitment possibly track down this relevant, commitment send a link, many thanks.