Monday, December 04, 2006

One Sleep To Go

The company Christmas "do" was on Friday. I took the lodger to be safe and boy was that a good move! We set out from my house, me, him, my work mate and my friend Lou at 6.00 after a quick home made Cosmopolitan (which was very lovely) and went into Leicester to the hotel that Curly & San were staying at so that we could dump the car. We had a drink in the bar and Curly (who I've worked with for 19 years & who is one of my bestest mates) presented me with a beautiful Mont Blanc pen for my birthday! I was gob smacked! What a gorgeous prezzie... then he explained that after all it was going to be a big birthday and I realised that Sandra had got her years mixed up and for some reason thought I would be 40 tomorrow!!! "Not to worry" says Curly, "by this time next year we can think of something even better."

At this point the evening was going swimmingly... The taxi was late picking us up to go to the "do" we got there just in time to sit down at the table (luckily no-one had started eating yet) and the rest of the gang were already seated. The food was good (amazing as it was mass catered for 500 people) and the banter was great.

Goodness knows what happened between 8 and 10.30 but by 11pm I had crashed and burned, made friends with the ladies toilets and had to be rescued by the lodger! Fell asleep on the stairs in the foyer before falling asleep in the taxi and then falling asleep as soon as I got home.

Thank goodness I was with friends. I sufferred on Saturday, my hangover was nasty, my team lost 4-1 and I was there to witness it so I stayed in to watch Mr Ramprakash on Saturday night and drank lots of Pepsi Max.

Sunday I went to the golf range with the lodger and John (who works with us and had stayed for the weekend) and hit a few golf balls before going out for lunch and then having a chilled out afternoon/evening. I haven't been near to alcohol since Friday but with the birthday looming large it may be expected of me tomorrow... we'll see.

It's George Michael tonight and I can't wait.... I'll tell you all about it.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndylou,
have a brill time tonight with Mr Michael. hope he doesn't fall asleep on the way there....
Have a happy birthday tomorrow.... last year of the flirty thirtys!! No worries, the Fiesty Forties are even better!
DWNB (HEL)

Michael said...

George Michael, he has done some fantastic songs and I have heard that his concert is tops.
My favourite album was Listen Without Predjudice, I dont think many people got that one but "Heal The Pain" was in the charts when I was in hospital.
My nicknames, yes to protect peoples identity because I am an Alcoholic and have been attending AA for 2 1/2 years I have to go under pseudonyms.
I havent had an an alcoholic drink for that long too
I enjoyed reading your blog tonight weather up here in Huddersfield is attrocious

lyndyloo said...

Thanks Helen & Michael,

It's so nice when people leave messages on the blog here. I can confirm that George was awesome! Michael, well done in your constant battle. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have an addictive personality so one bad night and it's a good few days before I can look at it again.
Lynda :)