Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Post Birthday Aftermath

So I'm now 39 years and into the final countdown to the big 40. What does all this mean? Well one thing is for certain I'm not as good with alcohol as I was at 29, it takes longer to recover after a big night out and I look forward to nights in almost as much as nights out.

Did I tell you all how amazing George was? OMG he was awesome! He gets better and better as he gets older. It was nice to hear him talk with such passion about his life and loves and the blow up 40ft high George W with a British bulldog sucking at his crotch was a total hoot!

The big day was celebrated by going out to lunch with Mum & Dad and Me-me (friend who's between jobs at the minute) at a local restaurant which overlooks a fishing lake. Food was great and Mum & Dad were happy to be a part of my day. I just love the fact that I can enjoy time with them both. The rest of the day was getting the Chrissie decorations in ready for putting up the tree then out with my mates in the evening. The original plan was to all go skating in Birmingham at the outdoor rink put up for Christmas in Centenary Square but it poured with rain so that idea was abandoned in favour of a few glasses of vino in the local in front of the open fire.

So that leads us here to another year in the life of a lyndyloo...
The Christmas tree is up, I've done some Chrissie prezzie shopping so I'm going to wrap some up and write some cards... I feel quite festive!

No comments: