Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Roobear

This is my Roobear. She's 13 and 3/4 and she is (to be honest) my life. When I got home today I was greeted by my yougest Bear Boo-boo bounding up at me to say "Hi! Where you been? I still love you. Do you have any food?" in her normal young bear way but my old girl Roo was in her bed looking at me but unable to get up. She's getting on a bit and her hip isn't as great as it used to be. Her eyes were bright but she couldn't lift her back end out of her bed to greet me. This is a first and not a pleasant one. She's always been there with me every step of the way so for her not to be able to get up was heart breaking. I lifted her up and carried her into my lounge and stroked her for a while and massaged her hip until she stratched it out. Boo-boo was there by our side, licking her and offering moral support. Eventually Roo got to her feet and had some food and a little calpol and now seems fine.

I think I might be sleeping downstairs tonight to keep her company. She's a top bear!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Dog! Hope she is okay.
Are you taking her to V E T for check-up?

lyndyloo said...

Roobear has been to see the vet and been given the all clear.... seems she's just an old lady and had siezed up a bit. More glucosamine and cartrophen persrcibed. Thanks for asking :)