Friday, October 13, 2006

A new start

Today, inspired by Chris Evans's blog on the beeb site I've decided to create my very own. It's probably also because I'm waiting in for my replacement mobile phone to arrive. I managed to drop mine down the toilet and even though I dried it out it has decided it doesn't love me any more:(

I suppose I ought to say a bit about me but that's a bit naff so I'll leave it to a few basic facts... I'm Lyndyloo (Lynda is my grown up name) I'm 38, single and have a couple of beautiful labradors called Roobear and Booboo. Enough me thinks.

This week I've acquired a new lodger, or should I say I've re-acquired an old lodger? He's my old pal and he's no trouble as a lodger, in fact, in a lot of ways he's an asset. It will be a bit strange sharing my home with him again after all this time, last time was about 10 years ago.

I've been in a quandary this week and to be honest this year about the fact that in December I'll be 39, that's nearly 40 and I'm still single, never married, no kids and no b/f. I always regarded the single status as being totally acceptable for anyone in their 30's but I'm not sure it's quite as easy to "get away with" once you turn the big 40. It might be something I voice on the CE blog and see what other people think.

Perhaps I'm worrying unnecessarily and it is a perfectly acceptable thing to have managed to get through this much of my life without conforming, after all I'm a healthy, normal (ish) woman with a load of great friends and family, a job I love and a lovely home. I suppose if I look at it like that then it seems like there's not a great deal wrong. In fact it's only fair to say I think it is ok not to have been married but the older I get the more I see the "good grief what's wrong with her" looks from people. It's the women more than the men that seem to have a problem with it, normally the women that have children. Anyway, like I said it might all just be in my imagination.

Does anyone out there know anyone looking for any land in the Bahamas? I know it's a strange question but it's one I have to ask, over and over, it's just a networking thing I have to do otherwise Rich(sales) has a dig at me for not talking to enough people about it all. Anyway if you do then please email sales@rexhaven.co.uk and a lovely bod (sales support) will help you out.

No comments: