Friday, October 20, 2006

Memory loss

I have a confession to make.... I can't actually remember coming home last night. I have woken up fully clothed (without shoes so does that count?) in my bed. After just stumbling down the stairs to find the back door open and my dogs looking at me in disgust I discovered a half eaten kebab. Now I remember the lodger mentioning (while we were out) that he was determined to have a kebab on the way home but I don't remember the journey. Saying that I am in my own home and safe and well so it must have been ok.

Let me explain.... one of my best mates came back from holiday on Wednesday night only to go into work yesterday and be told that she doesn't have a job any more. She's a top girl, had a good job with a handsome salary and all the trimmings (car, healthcare etc) and works very hard so as far as I'm concerned didn't deserve the sort of treatment she got. So when I got the call to say she was on her way home I told her to detour, meet me at Borders bookshop for a coffee and then proceeded to explain that we were going to go home, get changed (out of corporate clothing into jeans) eat and then go out and have far to many glasses of wine... I guess we must have done that very thing. We started off with some food in the shape of sausages in a big Yorkshire pud with onion gravy which was not only very tasty but very sensible and probably accounts for me not having a splitting headache this morning. After that things went downhill fast, I remember a great deal of red wine and then vodka & tonic in a bar, oooh yeah now it's coming back to me... I was talking to a really fit young man about his muscles (God I am such a flirt when I'm drunk) still don't remember deciding to come home via the kebab shop!

Another confession... I've come back to bed with a cup of tea, still in my clothes from last night, and have written this blog under the duvet with a slight headache.... and it's not even the weekend yet! This doesn't make me a bad person does it? All I can say is that it will be the weekend by the end of todays working day (and at least I still have a working day) and this afternoon I have my friends boyfriend coming to see me to sort out his land purchase and he's really dishy so that will cheer my little day up.

No comments: