Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Blog!!

I'd like to say happy birthday to the blog... not mine obviously but to the blog as a whole. It's been here on the net for 10 years and it's giving a whole load of us a means of keeping a diary/making a statement/keeping in touch/posting our photos and generally giving us an outlet for our ramblings.

I know not everyone thinks that there is any merit in a blog but for me it's a way I can get my feelings in some sort of order. It's a place for me to ramble on about all sorts of meaningless (to most people) stuff. I can congratulate my friends on their acheivements in my small public way. I can catalogue my days, show off my photos and wax lyrical about my bears.

T'is Easter weekend and after taking my friend to the airport this morning... maybe with a small headache after a rather heavy night out... I have been busy cleaning my car, tidying up the garden and getting fiercely attacked by my pampas grass!

I trust that all the rest of the blogging community is having a fun time and I hope that you all get lots of choclate eggs to eat tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy easter to you too.

I had to leave a comment when I read the about your duel with the pampas. I too have been gardening today, helping a friend to clear her garden. I generally am in my own garden every day, using strimmers, chainsaws, tractors, loppers and all manner of dangerous machinery/weaponry. Today I chainsawed up her old picnic table without a problem, I raked, I dug, I forked - still with no hazard to my health. I then brandished the secateurs to shape one of her shrubs and promptly secateured through my finger tip. There was blood, there was gore, there was that feeling of I really don't want to look, but know I've got to, and there was swearing aplenty. After closer inspection I could see the tip was being help in place by only the skin behind the fingernail, and when I washed it under running water it began to slide off. A brief soujorn to the local hospital and they have sellotaped it back on for me, but they do expect the tip to die. I don't know if that means it will turn black and fall off eventually, or if I will just lose all feeling or what, but I'm quite excited to find out.

Umm, maybe I should have put a warning at the start of my comment, in case you're eating or something.

Anyway, Happy Easter again,

MW, a! (getting tired of having to keep correcting typing errors due to cumbersome bandaging) (Cumbersome is not a typing error, I just don't know how to spell it)

lyndyloo said...

Eeeek! MW,a what a nightmare! I had an altercation with a lawnmower a few years ago and took a bit of the underneath part of my big toe off. They sewed it back together and made the best of a bad job... It suffers with extremeties of temperature now but has healed nicely. I hope your finger mends in the same way. My advice is plenty of wine and rest for said finger... You'll probably find that it feels like an extra from a tom & jerry cartoon once it starts throbbing but drink your way through it and all will be well :)

Kim Ayres said...

I think I'll keep away from the body chopping competitions, although there was that time...

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. Hope you had a good Easter :)